Ambrosoli is a non-selective school educating students from the local and international communities in Uganda, providing where possible, for the special needs of all its students.
Before starting at Ambrosoli International School, the following is required:
- Complete a copy of an *Application form* ($150 application fees)
- Offer of school place(s) and meeting with Head of School (if available in the country)
- Payment of admission fees to secure the place(s): – $500 Enrolment fees and $1,100 capital levy (per family)
- Completion and submission of a full *Enrolment form* with supporting documents
- School sends a Confidential Reference Form to your child’s current/previous school (if required)
- Complete a *GDPR consent form* and *Agreement of Financial Terms*
Once a provisional place has been offered, the student together with their parents/carers/guardians are met by the Head of School. This is to ensure that the school can meet the needs of each student as well as to assess the student’s ability to benefit from the academic programme offered at Ambrosoli. Parents will be obliged to abide by the stipulations listed in the Enrolment Agreement.
All new students will be required to provide:
- One passport photograph
- A copy of their birth certificate or a copy of their passport including the visa page (unless an East African national)
- A transfer report from the previous school.
- Medical records of all inoculations received as well as lists of any allergies.
During the interview with the Head of School, parents are encouraged to ask questions about the school. The Head of School will also use the interview as a way to get to know the needs of the student and read previous reports.
If extra learning support is required, then the student will be assessed before entry by the ILN Coordinator. If a student has English as an additional language, then the ILN coordinator may make an additional assessment. If such support is required, then the placement would only be given if the parent agrees to the additional support.
Ambrosoli International School will offer a place to children whose needs can be well matched within our school setting.
When all the necessary documents have been received by the school and finance details have been addressed, children may start in their assigned class. The start date will be agreed on by the Head of School and the family.
Enrolment Ages SY 2018-2019
|KG Seedlings Sep 2014 to Aug 2015||3 years +|
|Reception Sep 2013 to Aug 2014||4 years +|
|Year 1 Sep 2012 to Aug 2013||5 years +|
|Year 2 Sep 2011 to Aug 2012||6 years +|
|Year 3 Sep 2010 to Aug 2011||7 years +|
|Year 4 Sep 2009 to Aug 2010||8 years +|
|Year 5 Sep 2008 to Aug 2009||9 years +|
|Year 6 Sep 2007 to Aug 2008||10 years +|
Please note that as our school year runs from the beginning of September, the student’s date of birth must correspond to the year groups listed. For example in Reception Class, children must be 4 years old by the 1st of September. Alternative placement (in exceptional circumstances) is at the discretion of the Head of School.
Children can be enrolled throughout the year, according to availability. All Sunflower children need to be toilet trained before starting school.
Our classes are small to give full attention to each child and we aim to keep our class sizes at an optimum level of 22 children, each with a teacher and learning assistant (LA).
Sunflowers (Kindergarten) and Reception make up the Early Years classes
Year 1 and 2 make up Key Stage 1
Years 3-6 make up Key Stage 2
These groupings correspond with the units of study and assessment in the Curriculum for England.
Please read the school’s Admissions Policy which can be found on the website under School Policies.