Internet safety Day 5th February, 2019
Keeping Safe Online
Parents’ Guides/useful information
As we celebrate e-Safety day tomorrow 5th February, 2019, just like you, we at Ambrosoli International School take on-line safety very seriously and there are lots of ways that you can keep your child safe online. Here are a few ideas:
* Password protect laptops and tablets, or keep them out of reach, so that it is easy to monitor how much time children are spending online.
* Visit http://www.ambrosolischool.com/internet-safety-day-5th-February-2019/ for help setting up parental controls on your mobile devices, broadband, games consoles, and apps such as YouTube and BBC iPlayer.
* Look at computer games’ PEGI ratings to see the recommended age restrictions. The symbols show you the reason why an age range has been chosen.
* Remind your child to behave online as you would always expect him or her to behave in person.
* Establish rules and limit the amount of time your child uses the Internet in your home.
* Use safe search engines such as www.kidrex.com or www.safesearchkids.com and if using www.google.com the turn on the safe search settings.
* www.internetmatters.org and https://www.childnet.com are brilliant website which gives you information about how to keep children safe online. It has videos about the different apps which your child
may be using, such as musical.ly and YouTube.
For more ideas and information, visit:
I hope you find this information helpful. By working together we can safeguard our youngsters as well as guide them to take advantage of the enormous potential that the Internet has to offer. If you have any questions, feel free to stop by and see me or send an email to [email protected]brosolischool.com.